Monday, January 30, 2012

How Do I Explain This?

How do I begin....
     Well, we moved into this cute 'real' log cabin house in October.  Not far from Gettysburg, PA.  Beautiful land surrounds us.  Across the street, I notice a real old historical house that could have been around back when the civil war was going on.  
     Living in a house that is made of logs, you are bound to hear a lot of noises in the floors and walls.  About 1 month later, my son (who was 17, at the time) came up to me and said he had been hearing things at night.  I didn't think anything of it and told him not to worry, it's a log cabin and it was probably the wind that made the wood crack.  A week or so goes by and he comes to me and said, " I swear I heard tapping noises and someone was walking across the floor last night."  Well, I kinda thought to myself for a second, then told him.. don't worry about it.  It was probably nothing.  A couple days go by and a week goes by.  Then we were talking one day in the kitchen and he said, "I swear something is in my room.  I feel like something is hovering over me when I sleep."  At this point, I didn't know what to say.  I didn't want to frighten him.  So, I kinda blew the conversation in another direction.  My daughter, and husband both never said anything about hearing or seeing anything.  I mentioned this to my husband but kept it from my daughter.  We have 3 dogs and I started noticing that they were barking at the back bedroom and stairs.  Especially in the evenings.  
This one particular day, I had went to the store and talked to the teller, and she was telling me about some break in's that had taken place near us.  Later that evening, my daughter had left to go to the movies and my son and husband were at work.  The house was completely quiet.  It was around 5 o'clock.  It was starting to get chilly, so I thought I would make a fire in the wood stove but I needed to go get some sticks.  I gathered the dogs and my bucket and out we went.  When we got back, I started the fire then went over and started to make some tea.  Just then, I noticed my side door was opened.  I knew I shut it.  I shut the door and made some tea.  As the tea just was getting ready to boil, I heard footsteps walking across the wood floor, walking from my sons room and stopped at the hallway top of the steps.  It sounded like they were wearing boots.  My heart went in my throat, and immediately thought someone broke into my house.  I grabbed the shot gun and waited for my husband to get home.  They never moved, or came down the steps.  My husband searched the whole house.  No one was in there.  My son said, "do you believe me know?"  Later on, he comes down one morning and said "now my stuff is being moved around in my room."  Since then, I haven't heard anything.  My daughter hasn't heard anything.  My husband said to me, " there is someone here"  I asked him, "how do you know?"  he said " cause he came to me for a week straight and woke me up at 3 am.  He told me his name is John."  
My son is 18 years old now and has moved out.  Not because of the activity in which he has experienced, just for personal reasons.  My thing is now... Will is stop because he has moved out?
Is there really something here?

No comments:

Post a Comment